This course follows on from my Primavera P6 Beginners Course. The Course Objectives cover the fundamental steps bring your skills up to Intermediate Level. The concepts taught in the course will apply to the schedule development of small to mega projects.
The course content applies all of the P6 releases from Version 8.3 onwards.
If you are a Project Manager, Project Scheduler, Project Controller, Engineer, Cost Controller, or anyone else who wishes to upgrade their Primavera P6 skills, then this course is for you.
You could also be migrating your skills from one of the other Planning Software Packages and want to get up and running quickly in Primavera P6.
You will find that the principles of scheduling you will learn in this course follow the guidelines for the DCMA 14-point Schedule Assessment Checking. This is often a pre-requisite of many companies today.
Is preferable, but not essential that our Primavera P6 for Beginners course has been completed because much of the scheduling material would have already been developed by the student. All relevant reference material will be available for download, as well as the required XER project file.
As with all of my courses, we provide a comprehensive real-world exercise (that we have personally worked on) for students to complete in their own time. Answers to exercise questions will be provided in a final session. We encourage all students to complete the exercise.
What you’ll learn
- Import and Export Projects in Primavera P6
- Create Resources
- Assign Resources
- Activity / Resource Usage and Assignments
- Create Activity Codes
- Assign Activity Codes
- Group and Sort Activities
- Create and Apply Filters
- Progress your Baseline Project
- Complete a real-life Scheduling Exercise
Course requirements or prerequisites
- Basic Understanding and Use of Primavera P6
- Preferably (but not essential) to have completed Primavera P6 for Beginners
- Primavera P6 Software 8.3 and above (Trial version can be obtained from the Oracle E-delivery website)
Who is this course for?
- Project Managers, Engineers, Schedulers, Risk Analysts and Project Controls Personnel