This course covers the fundamentals for creating a project in Primavera P6. The course objectives cover all of the basic scheduling concepts to successfully develop a project schedule, ranging from small to mega projects.
The course content applies all of the P6 releases from Version 8.3 onwards.
If you are a Project Manager, Project Scheduler, Project Controller, Engineer, Cost Controller, or anyone else who wishes to learn the fundamentals of P6, then this course is for you. All relevant reference material will be available for download.
You could also be migrating your skills from one of the other Planning Software Packages and want to get up and running quickly in Primavera P6.
You will find that the principles of scheduling you will learn in this course follow the guidelines for the DCMA 14-point Schedule Assessment Checking. This is often a pre-requisite of many companies today.
As with all of our courses, we provide a comprehensive real-world exercise (that we have personally worked on) for students to complete in their own time. Answers to exercise questions will be provided in the final session. We encourage all students to complete the exercise.
What you’ll learn
- Navigate and understand the P6 Workspace and Menus
- Understand the Enterprise Project Structure and Create a New Project Node in the P6 hierarchy
- Create a New Project
- Set up your Project Calendars
- Build the Work Breakdown Structure
- Add Activities to your Project
- Add Schedule Logic to your Project
- Complete the steps to create your Baseline Schedule
- Understand the Fundamentals for Layouts in P6 and learn how to customise your Layouts
- Complete a real-world Scheduling Exercise
Course Requirements or Prerequisites
Basic understanding of project scheduling
- Basic understanding of project scheduling
- Primavera P6 Software 8.3 and above (Trial version can be obtained from the Oracle E-delivery website)
Who this course is for?
Project controls personnel, Engineers or technical personnel who want to learn or upgrade their project scheduling skills