This course covers a comprehensive Step by Step approach for learning Deltek Acumen 360. The course is extremely detailed and comprehensive, and covers the understanding, use and application of Deltek Acumen 360. It is of particular use to all types of enterprises who wish to ensure that their Project Schedules are the best that they can be.
The course content applies all versions of Deltek Acumen 360
If you are a Project Manager, Project Scheduler, Project Controller, Engineer, Cost Controller, Risk Analyst or anyone else who wishes to learn how to use Deltek Acumen 360, then this course is for you. So, this course covers the methodology for Acceleration, Deceleration and Recovery of project schedules and complements the modules for Deltek Acumen Fuse and Deltek Acumen Risk.
By the end of the course, you will be able perform Project Schedule Diagnostics and Reporting at a competent level.
We will be covering the typical steps required for performing a schedule risk analysis, using Deltek Acumen 360.
We will be following the Deltek Acumen S1 to S5 Maturity Framework steps. There are five steps that should be followed to decrease risk, and improve quality and confidence for the validation of Project Schedules.
The five steps of the S1 to S5 Maturity Framework are:
- S1 (the Project Base) – The non -validated schedule
- S2 (Critiqued) – the use of schedule diagnostics to identify and correct schedule problems.
- S3 (Risk Adjusted) – Risk analysis to mitigate identified schedule risks.
- S4 (Optimised) – Develop cleansed scenarios to accelerate and optimise the schedules
- S5 (Team aligned) – Confidence in forecasted dates is improved, and team buy-in on the critiqued, risk-adjusted and optimized schedule is obtained.
Although it is assumed that imported files will be from Primavera P6, files can also be imported from Primavera Risk Analysis, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Phoenix Project Manager, Asta Powerproject, UN/CEFACT, Safran or Deltek Open Plan.
All of the XER files used in this course can be found in the Samples folder that will have been provided with your copy of Deltek Acumen Risk.
Throughout the course, we will work through examples, followed by exercises to consolidate our knowledge. Answers to the exercises will be provided as we progress and I encourage all students to complete the exercises before moving onto the next lesson.
What you’ll learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Cleanse your Schedule using Schedule Cleanse
- Understand the philosophy of Acceleration and Recovery
- Understand Targeted Acceleration
- Understand Goal Based Acceleration
- Understand Interactive Acceleration
- Understand the Calibration Template
- Use the Schedule Realism Advisor
- Create and Use Acceleration Scripts.
- Export Scenarios
Course requirements or prerequisites
- It is preferable that all participants have a good understanding of the principles of project scheduling and risk.
- Before taking this course, you would have preferably completed my comprehensive course for Deltek Acumen Fuse – Step by Step. Although this course is designed for new users of Deltek Acumen 360, it would be an advantage to have previous experience of using Deltek Acumen Fuse.
- Deltek Acumen Fuse software. For many of the participants in this course, it is likely that your organisation will possess licenced copies of Deltek Acumen 360 for you to use. If you wish to obtain a Trial copy of the software, you will need to contact Deltek or your local Deltek software representative. I have no association with Deltek, so participants themselves will need to ensure that they have a functioning copy of Deltek Acumen 360.
Who this course is for?
- Project Managers, Engineers, Schedulers, Risk Analysts and Project Controls Personnel